While we all enjoy the holidays, the cold weather can be tough to take for those of us who are passionate about the water and boating.
So why not start planning your playlist for that long-awaited first day you’re able to get back out on the lake this spring? Yep, while others are dreaming of a white Christmas you can start putting together some music that will put you in a boating state of mind.
Obviously, not everybody has the same taste. For example, the quintessential water-loving music comes from Jimmy Buffet (a personal favorite), but since not everybody is a Parrothead (who doesn’t love A Pirate Looks at 40?), there are certainly plenty of others. Kenny Chesney, who some consider the country music version of Buffet, definitely has some tunes that will get you in the mood for a boat trip (Boats or Summertime, anyone)?
Here are some songs, in no particular order that will definitely make you pine for warmer weather and life on the lake:
- Toes (Zac Brown Band)
- Come Sail Away (Styx)
- 5 O’clock Somewhere (Alan Jackson)
- Jammin’ (Bob Marley)
- All Summer Long (Kid Rock)
- Redneck Yacht Club (Craig Morgan)
- Southern Cross (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
- Margaritaville (Jimmy Buffet)
- Rock the Boat (Hughes Corporation)
- Knee Deep (Zac Brown, Jimmy Buffet)
- If I Had a Boat (Lyle Lovett)
- Pontoon (Little Big Town)
- Boys of Summer (Don Henley)
- Summer Nights (Rascal Flatts)
- Surf Song (Bag of Toys)
- Son of a Son of a Sailor (Jimmy Buffet)
- Copacabana (Barry Manilow)
- Some Beach (Blake Shelton)
And of course, there’s the Beach Boys. Their music goes hand in hand with fun times on the water. There’s Surfin’ USA, Sloop John B, Good Vibrations, California Girls… the Beach Boys’ tunes just made you want to have fun by the water.
Music is subjective so you no doubt have your own favorite music when you’re boating… don’t worry – you’ll be playing it out on the water before you know it. Spring’s just around the next corner!